Welcome to our
Child Safety Celebrations
To celebrate Child Safety Week our Children's Centres are holding events with lots of fun activites. Click the image below to see what is happening at Morpeth, Choppington and Bedlington.
Ashington Children's Safety Event
Wednesday 25 June, 10.00am to 11.30am
click here to see what's on
Interested in Volunteering in Admin? No experience required! Bedlington Children's Centre are looking for volunteers, please pop in to the Centre or call Sarah Charlton or Leanne Brown for an informal chat on 01670 822714.
Services are part of Northumberland County Councils Sure Start Children's Centres and these particular Children's Centres are managed by Action for Children.
Children's Centres contribute to ensuring that every child gets the best start in life. They also work towards better opportunities for parents, and a stronger and safer community. Children's Centres have links to a range of local, affordable, good quality childcare providers.
Services offered include:
• Early education with full day care, including provision for children with special educational needs and or disabilities
• Parental outreach
• Family support, including support for parents with special needs
• Health Services
• Links with out-of-school clubs, extended schools, Children's Information Services
• A base for childminders
• A service hub within the community for parents and providers of childcare services
• Links with Jobcentre Plus, Northumberland Employability Work Services, NEWS, and training providers
Each Children Centres has a Manager, a team of Community Family Support workers, parental involvement workers and many more people who work with and from each centre.
At Ashington Children's Centre and Newbiggin Children's Centre, RASCALS are the linked day-care provision. RASCALS can be contacted on 01670 841155 or you can visit their website at www.rascals-childcare.co.uk
I hope you find our website useful and informative. If you would like to comment on our website or services, don't hesitate to do so on the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the feedback option at the top of the page.