Pegswood Children's Centre
Pegswood Children's Centre would love to hear from you
click here to complete our Parental Satisfaction Survey
Sure Start is the Government's programme to deliver the best start in life for every child by bringing together early education, childcare, health and family support. Here at Sure Start Pegswood Children's Centre, we are building on the successful initiative of the Sure Start Local Programmes bringing together high quality integrated Early Years services to the heart of our community.
We are a service hub where children under five years old and their families can receive seamless integrated services and information by accessing our targeted and universal activities improving outcomes for children.
We are committed to involving mums, dads, male carers, grandparents, childminders and families with children under 5, so if you'd like more information about the activities that are currently available, please access our What's On page.
Generally, our services include:
- Integrated early education and childcare
- Support for parents including advice on parenting, local childcare options and access to specialist services for families
- Child and family health services ranging from breastfeeding to healthy eating advice
- Family and adult learning activities
- Helping parents into work and education with links to JobCentre Plus and local training providers
These services help us to meet the five outcomes which are key to the wellbeing of children now and for later in life:
- Being healthy
- Staying safe
- Enjoying and achieving
- Making a positive contribution
- Achieving economic wellbeing
For directions to Pegswood Children's Centre, Longhirst Road, Pegswood, NE61 6XG CLICK HERE