|Bedlington Children's Centre|What's going on in Bedlington?
Sure Start is the Government's programme to deliver the best start in life for every child by bringing together early education, childcare, health and family support. Here at Sure Start Bedlington Children's Centre, we are building on the successful initiative of the Sure Start Local Programmes bringing together high quality integrated Early Years services to the heart of our community; Bedlington, Cambois and Sleekburn.
Built in 2002 and opened by Denis Murphy MP for Wansbeck on behalf of the Right Honourable Alan Milburn MP Secretary of State for Health on 21st March 2003, we have established a great many support services to local families with children under 5. We are a service hub where children under five years old and their families can receive seamless integrated services and information by accessing our targeted and universal activities improving outcomes for children.
We are committed to involving mums, dads, male carers, grandparents, childminders and families with children under 5, so if you'd like more information about the activities that are currently available, please access our What's On page.
Generally, our services include:
- Integrated early education and childcare
- Support for parents including advice on parenting, local childcare options and access to specialist services for families
- Child and family health services ranging from breastfeeding to healthy eating advice
- Family and adult learning activities
- Helping parents into work and education with links to JobCentre Plus and local training providers
These services help us to meet the five outcomes which are key to the wellbeing of children now and for later in life:
- Being healthy
- Staying safe
- Enjoying and achieving
- Making a positive contribution
- Achieving economic wellbeing
FOR DIRECTIONS TO BEDLINGTON CHILDREN'S CENTRE, STEAD LANE, BEDLINGTON, NE22 5JS CLICK HERE
RECEPTION AT BEDLINGTON IS NORMALLY OPEN BETWEEN 9AM - 5PM.return to top